ARE YOU A SEASONED FINANCIAL ANALYST LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE? Our client is seeking a detail oriented professional to join their team on a full-time basis.
About the Opportunity
Day to day
- Support the Energy Marketing Finance Manager in preparing, daily, monthly and quarterly accounting, reporting and settlements with respect to the company’s ventures
- Participate in the creation of the annual Energy Marketing budget, quarterly forecasts, and any related reports and dashboards
- Oversee month, quarter, and year end close processes, including tracking completion of tasks, preparing relevant schedules and reporting packages, performing variance analysis, responding to audit inquiries, and contributing to the preparation of internal and external reporting
- Performing efficient and timely investigations of discrepancies between gas and power settlements and invoicing, problem-solving through communication with cross-functional units in Energy Marketing, external counterparties and pools
- Find ways to improve the settlements and reporting process as well as provide value added information to various stakeholders throughout the organization
- Contribute to the culture of continuous improvement and suggest better ways of doing things to improve controls, the bottom line, drive efficiencies and add value
- Participate in the creation of custom tools, reports, resolution of issues, implementation of new functionality, and improvement of existing processes relating to the organization’s Workday ERP solution as well as their Energy Trading Risk Management software
- Participate in other special projects as they arise
- Optimize your work, reduce effort and create capacity to add value to the team in new ways
- Currently hold or pursuing the CFA, ERP or FRM designation an asset
- Holding a CPA designation also an asset
- 1-4 years of experience working in a finance, settlements, accounting, or audit role
- Knowledge and experience in the Energy/Utility sector, preferably in Energy Trading & Marketing
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and can use formulas, macros, dashboards, VBA, pivot tables, and graphs to interpret, analyze, and present data in a compelling way
- General understanding of industry regulations, energy pools, natural gas marketing, generating assets, commercial contracts & power purchase agreements
- Highly-motivated self-starter and have demonstrated a commitment to continuous improvement
- Have and can demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Can communicate clearly, write well, and getting along with others easily
- Extremely organized and great at managing your time
- Can multitask, prioritize, and work to deadlines
- Experience with SAS BookRunner or similar Energy Trading Risk Management Systems
- You have experience with Workday Finance or similar ERP solutions
- Understanding and compliance with internal policies; Be able to build strong relationships with relevant internal parties
$70,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24059.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.