About the Opportunity
- Credit Adjudication - Provides Effective Challenge of in-depth loan analysis / underwriting due diligence performed by the underwriting team of CRD ensuring a well-reasoned approval is in place
- Evaluate loan cases (Commercial, Corporate & Residential) to make sound lending decisions, including, and not limited to new loans, renewal loans, CARMS, change of loan conditions, and any other relevant applications according to established Bank Policies and Procedures
- Verify all relevant information required to complete in-depth loan analysis and ensure that lending decision complies with the policy, guidelines, and regulatory expectations
- Take a solution-focused approach to adjudication by offering alternative structures and/or funding conditions as appropriate
- Review credit packages prior to submission for due diligence regarding policy compliance, structural soundness, and credit worthiness
- Provide oversight function over loans adjudicated by manager/junior adjudicators to produce a prudent credit risk assessment
- Make prudent lending decision as per authority limits or alternatively, present cases to the Director Adjudication/Loan Committee in instances of exceeding lending authority
- Review due diligence conducted regarding appraisal, environmental site assessment and building condition assessment reports
- Work with Director, Credit Adjudication to ensure adherence to Policy, Procedure and Guidelines, liaising with CRD Underwriting and Other Departments of Head Office
- Support the development of responses to recommendations/requests from OSFI, Internal Audit and the parent
How to Apply
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 5+ years of directly related work experience in the Credit Areas (Commercial, Corporate & Residential)
- Solid understanding of Commercial banking / Syndicated loan business, including a strong understanding of credit agreements, deal structures, loan funding mechanics, etc.
- Good understanding of OSFI’s B-20 guidelines
- Familiarity with legal documentation, corporate finance, financial accounting skills is an asset
- Strong understanding of lending and trading products and various signs exhibit by the portfolio under stress
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of bank policies, procedure, government regulations
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 399394.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.