About the Company
Our client strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. Our client is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunity to grow to manager level
- Exposure to upper management of company
- With oversight from Senior Director-Finance, establish best-in-class PEC (period end close) processes
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for TOLC and its subsidiaries
- Work with Senior VP-Finance and Senior Director-Finance on financial reports and presentations to KeHE
- Lead the compilation and review of supporting schedules, content and notes for both internal and external financial reports
- Review, develop and maintain the Finance Policy and Procedures Manual and act as a technical accounting advisory contact for all levels of the organization
- Monitor developments in accounting standards to assess potential impacts to the business and lead the implementation of new accounting standards
- Work with FP&A and Costing Team in the completion of inventory and cost of sales financial reporting
- Work with third party partners on income tax related matters
- Own and lead the filing of HST, property tax and the like
- Own and lead fixed assets reporting
- Liaise with external auditors to support the quarterly review and annual audit process
- Liaise with legal department on external reporting regulations and guidelines to assess potential impacts on external reporting
- Execute KPI, competitor reporting, analytics, ad hoc reports and proactively identify value-add business insights and present to management
- Support teams in identifying, verifying, analyzing, and implementing process improvement and process re-engineering opportunities, like ERP implementation
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls
- Support and participate in food safety programs including SQF (Safe Quality Food)
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary business degree in Business required and accounting designation (CPA) required.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive experience in finance
- Solid technical accounting knowledge and the ability to interpret complex technical accounting issues and implement practical solutions.
- Previous experience working with IFRS / US GAAP is preferred.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, in an ambiguous and developing structure.
- Self-starter, well-organized with excellent attention to detail and a continuous process improvement mindset.
- Proficient in financial modelling in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior management in a professional manner.
- Track record of meeting tight working deadlines, and prioritizing workload are essential.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #400006.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.