About the Opportunity
- Plan, design, Create, review and revise credit policies in accordance with the strategic goals and objectives, risk tolerance, and regulatory requirements
- Develop detailed credit guidelines that outline the systematic processes for credit underwriting, credit evaluation, credit adjudication & approval, account monitoring
- Define clear underwriting criteria for evaluating creditworthiness of borrowers. Outline the hierarchy of authority for credit approvals, including the types of decisions that require approval at different levels
- Ensure that all credit policies and guidelines adhere to regulatory and industry standards
- Ensure the Policies and Guidelines adequately address potential credit risks associated with the Bank’s lending activities
- Establish protocols for ongoing credit monitoring and quality reviews
- Develop reporting mechanisms to track and communicate the performance of the credit portfolio to senior management and the Board
- Effectively communicate changes in credit policies and guidelines to relevant stakeholders within the organization
- Regularly review and update credit policies and guidelines to adapt to changing market conditions/economic environment, emerging risks, and regulatory changes
- Perform review of Credit Quality i.e. quality of underwriting, adjudication, adherence to P&Ps, RAF etc.
- Assist in maintaining, updating, or revising the other risk related policies and guidelines (Credit Risk Framework, RAF, ECL policy etc.)
- Support in preparing quarterly Risk Reports for Senior Management/ Board reporting
- Participate in knowledge transfer, within the team as well as business units and provide appropriate training
How to Apply
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or related field
- Relevant professional certifications, designations or equivalent education is preferred
- At least three to five years of work experience in credit risk management or a related role
- In-depth knowledge of credit risk analysis, lending principles and regulatory expectations
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with credit scoring models and relevant software tools for documentation and data analysis is a plus
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 399385.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.