About the Company
Our client is a global leader in the manufacturing industry. They are currently looking for a Tax Manager who will support their domestic and international tax functions.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Extensive tax responsibilities
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation package
- Vibrant company culture
- Prepare quarterly and year-end tax provisions for the Canadian entities and assist in the consolidated international tax provision process
- Prepare / review provision to return true-ups, return to audit true-ups
- Prepare tax returns for Canadian entities, including T1134 and T106 filing
- Manage compliance process for foreign affiliate companies, including working with local tax consultants to ensure timely and accurate filing of tax returns, and monitoring income tax payments and withholding taxes
- Preparing cash tax forecasts, budget tax expense and budget cash tax payments
- Coordinate and manage tax audits, inquiries, and notices from tax authorities
- Prepare tax attribute calculations and continuity, i.e., surplus, safe income, and ACB of investments, etc.
- Provide assistance and guidance to Canadian controllers on tax related matters
- Keep current with changes in tax laws and regulations and analyze the impact on the Company’s business
- Undertake tax research and draft technical memo to address tax issues identified
- Coordinate with external consultant on addressing tax issues arising from cross-border employment
- CPA designation
- 3-4 years of tax experience required, from a public accounting firm and/or a manufacturing industry
- Deep knowledge in taxation, including either in-depth study or MTax certification
- Proficient in IFRS tax provisions
- Exposure to international tax matters
- Commitment to learning in a tax technology setting with proficiency in a technology-enabled environment; knowledge of automated tax processing systems and Microsoft Office tools
$130,000 - $145,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #399878.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.