About the Company
Our client is the logistics and supply chain industry. They are looking for a Controller to join their team. The Controller will oversee all accounting and reporting to the VP Finance.
About the Opportunity
- Financial reporting and analysis activities including period and quarterly reporting of balance sheets, income statements and cash flows for both performance and non-performance entities, including but not limited to, the consolidated financial statement and notes, annual report, etc.;
- Coordination and preparation of the consolidated financial statements, including supporting working papers and analysis;
- Analysis of accounting issues and financial results with senior management including the preparation of supporting memos and accounting policies
- Oversee customer deduction function to ensure timely resolution and clearing of all items;
- Manage FP&A and budgeting/forecasting process in coordination with cross-functional teams;
- Establish relationships and communicate effectively with persons across a variety of departments, at all levels within and outside the organization;
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures that protect Company’s assets related to the general ledger, fixed assets, payroll, and accounts payables, etc.;
- Actively contribute and participate in the finance system implementation and subsequent upgrades;
- Provide insightful interpretation of key business drivers underlying the business results, highlight key issues and make appropriate recommendations where required;
- Provide timely and constructive development feedback including holding regular 1:1s and team meetings, and preparation and delivery of mid-year and year-end performance evaluations; and
- Perform other ad-hoc financial and accounting analysis as required.
- Designated CPA
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Advanced computer skills with an ability to manipulate large data sets in Excel
- Experience managing a team
$110,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 343143.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.