About the Company
Our client is a leading company in the financial services industry providing a wide range of mortgage and investment management services. They are currently looking for a highly skilled and energetic Controller to be responsible for the completeness and integrity of financial systems and controls, financial and regulatory reporting among other responsibilities.
Why Work Here
- Professional growth through exposure to a growing company with evolving financial processes
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Entrepreneurial and flexible working culture
About the Opportunity
- Directing and managing the reporting entities’ accounting and reporting functions including month end, quarter end, year-end close and external audits to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the financial results
- Leading the Group’s external financial reporting requirements as well as preparation of materials for the Board of Directors and annual financial statements and results.
- Assist with the preparation of management discussions & analysis, including analytical commentary on the comparative results
- Leading in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of effective and efficient internal controls and relevant policies for key processes to ensure the integrity of financial reports for all reporting entities
- Developing, amending, and maintaining accounting policies and procedures for the reporting entities which may impact financial results and/or presentation
- Providing effective oversight to accounts payable and payroll processes
- Managing income tax and excise tax (HST/GST) compliance obligations for the reporting entities and proactively coordinate with the external tax advisors
- Developing and managing key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing leadership and supervision to direct reports including assigning/reviewing work, performance assessments and providing clear expectations and meaningful feedback
- Attracting, retaining, and engaging a high performing team with an expandable capacity to scale with the growth of the business
- Acting as a coach and facilitator to create and sustain a cooperative work environment to achieve set targets
- CPA, CA
- University undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce or equivalent; plus, a professional accounting designation
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Strong Controller/Financial Reporting experience
- Tax/payroll/AP experience is an asset
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #30592.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.