ARE YOU A SENIOR MANAGER, INTERNAL AUDIT LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY? Take your career to the next level by utilizing a variety of skills.
Senior Manager, Internal Audit
The Senior Manager Internal Audit is responsible to plan and perform day-to-day work activities of the Internal Audit Department, by executing internal audit work in line with the annual internal audit plan. In addition, the position will assist with the testing of internal controls over financial reporting as part of the company’s CEO/CFO certification program, and support other internal audit department initiatives as required.
About the Opportunity
- Identifies significant risks facing the company and the risk management activities the company employs to address those risks
- Assists with development of risk factors to weigh the relative significance of potential risks posed by an auditable activity
- Develops the objectives, scope and timing of the procedures for an individual internal audit project or assignment and develops an audit work program
- Executes internal audit assignments to determine if proper controls exist and are functioning and risk is appropriately mitigated
- Creates work products such as flowcharts, narratives, audit analysis, memoranda and other working papers that document the engagement procedures performed and the results of those procedures. Work products to be created electronically where possible. Compiles hard copies and electronic copies of work products into organized files
- Prepares the final report and enhances its content based on application of knowledge and experience. Presents draft report to Vice President Internal Audit or Director Internal Audit for review prior to finalization. Assists with presentation of draft report to relevant company management. Helps to prepare material that will be included in quarterly Audit Committee internal audit report
- Develops creative, practical and cost-effective recommendations for improvement. Actively looks for value added suggestions on all assignments
- Uses current and developing technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of audit work and audit reports (e.g. Resolver). Helps to facilitate the implementation and use of Resolver across the department. Leverages ideas from other projects to enhance knowledge base and create efficiencies
- Makes recommendations for new audit techniques to analyze the adequacy of controls and the effectiveness of operational procedures and processes
- Stays abreast of general business/economic developments and new pronouncements/standards related to accounting and internal auditing. Understands and applies technical standards. Maintains a professional development plan to continually develop technical and management skills
- Assists with testing of internal controls related to the CEO/CFO certification program
- Builds relationships with internal stakeholders and promotes the value of internal audit across the organization
- Strong communicator, verbal and written
- Able to quickly understand business processes and their risk implications and analyze complex situations to reach appropriate conclusions
- Strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills
- Creative, innovative and a strategic thinker
- Collaborative team player with the ability to multitask
- Post-secondary degree in Business
- Professional accreditation/certification CPA preferred; CIA, CFE, or CISA an asset
- Minimum 7-10 years of related progressive experience with a minimum of 5 years in internal audit
- Superior written communication and strong experience with audit report writing
- Advanced knowledge of:
- Internal audit methodologies and principles
- Risk management practices and use of control frameworks to develop risk based audit programs
- Good understanding of:
- Accounting principles
- Real Estate/Property Management principles
- Emerging Market experience would be an asset
- IT audit experience would be an asset
- CTI/Yardi systems and other information systems utilized by the company
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23752.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.