About the Company
Our client is a leading investment management company specializing in a multitude of asset classes through a network of unique portfolios. They are currently looking for a Fund Accountant with a strong understanding of debits and credits to work with NAV calculations, bank reconciliations, capital calls, waterfall calculations, and more.
Why Work Here
- Generous compensation and benefits
- 3 weeks’ vacation, standard benefits, RRSP matching, and CPA dues reimbursement
- Opportunity for significant global exposure and diversification
- Future opportunities for growth and development into senior positions
About the Opportunity
- Perform and lead fund administration activities to deliver special services to our investors and partners,
- Set up administrative frameworks for new fund launches
- Record the journal entries for management fees, investments, accruals, other expenses/income, etc.
- Handle the fund's capital activity process, specifically the capital call notices
- Maintain capital rebalancing schedules and the calculation of the carried interest
- Perform monthly reconciliations of the funds’ cash and investment positions
- Assist with control assessments and resolving accounting classification for new and existing investments
- Coordinate audit activities with the funds and management company’s external auditor
- Assist in the preparation of audited financial documents
- Generate custom client reporting, including monthly fund performance estimates
- Collaborate with investor relations to produce quarterly marketing materials
- Be responsible for the accounting and operation process, leading cash management, expense reporting, and preparation of quarterly investor statements.
- Lead all aspects of tax compliance process, calculating book to tax allocations, etc.
- Ensure full compliance with the finance statutes of the Limited Partnership Agreement and controls formulated for key processes
- Take a leadership role in refining and implementing control improvements
- Improve the real-time flow of critical information across key internal partners
- Provide leadership to system/automation efforts critical to scaling our control and fund accounting platform
- Data analysis (including Economic Net Income models, budget, AUM, etc.)
- 3-5+ years of private accounting, fund reporting, financial accounting, and administration work experience
- CPA/CA Certification with specialization in Internal Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Outstanding academic (accounting degree) and professional achievements
- Highly collaborative and inclusive operating style coupled with a hands-on results-oriented attitude
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Organized with strong attention to detail and excellent execution focus
$100,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29741.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.