About the Company
Our client, a financial services organization, is looking to hire for a Senior Financial Analyst, Investment Finance who will be providing support as it relates to investment operations (I.e. corporate actions review, trade settlements, fund operations etc.).
Why Work Here
- Strong mentorship and career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work for a Canadian founded company
- Low turnover and fantastic company culture
About the Opportunity
- Assists the Manager, Investment Finance in the coordination of daily investment administration operational activities and work flow.
- Participates in and assists with ensuring that all investment-related transactions are accurately recorded in the investment administration database and settled in the market in a timely manner and in accordance with market conventions.
- Investigates and/or resolves trade settlement issues and disagreements.
- Handles/facilitates the resolution of escalations and issues by thoroughly investigating situations and identifying and/or communicating solutions and/or assisting other team members by recommending appropriate courses of action; collaborates with other team members on actions/responses to ensure appropriate and timely resolution.
- Ensures the effective implementation of procedural changes to maximize operational efficiencies and/or strengthen internal controls.
- Ensures consistent execution of the department’s system of internal controls over investment administration activities and investment-related reporting to mitigate/minimize risk.
- Provides product, process and internal control knowledge as well as technical advice to other team members - including on-going guidance, training and support - to ensure the department’s work is completed accurately and efficiently.
- Participates in the production and/or review of weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports to the Board of Directors, senior management and other stakeholders; assists in managing the production, and ensures appropriate review, of performance measurement reports, including the investigation and documentation of irregularities; reviews all information for accuracy, completeness and relevance; creates and/or maintains reports for portfolio managers and traders.
- Participates on projects relating to the Investment Administration department such as system upgrades, adoption of accounting standards, the launch of new portfolios and products, portfolio growth and/or re-positioning initiatives, testing new software, development of reporting/procedural manual(s), streamlining and automating processes to reduce human error.
- Acts as a key day-to-day liaison with the custodian bank(s) with respect to investment administration activities; participates in the ongoing assessment and review of service level(s) provided through tracking and reporting of vendor service level issues.
- Coordinates with stakeholders and prepares information required for the marketing of new and existing wealth management products.
- Provides ongoing support and exchange of information for maintaining relationships with business partners / fund portfolio managers.
- Assists the Chief Investment Officer and front office investments team in special projects, as directed by the Manager, Investment Finance and Administration.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- 4+ years work experience in investment operations within the insurance/financial services industry.
- Completion of professional designation (CPA, CFA, MBA etc.) would be an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with investment administration systems.
$75,000 - $90,000/ year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 322643.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role