About the Company
Reporting directly to the Manager of Financial Reporting (“Manager”), the Senior Financial Analyst duties include leading the month-end and year-end financial close by ensuring timely preparation and posting of general ledger accounting entries and preparation of account reconciliations, including maintaining appropriate supporting documentation.
About the Opportunity
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of actual results, ensuring completeness and high data integrity.
- Support preparation of the T3010, remittances and tax related issues (HST, etc.)
- Review and analyze significant accounting transactions to ensure proper PSAS treatment which may require research of technical accounting literature and compliance with Ontario Hospital Reporting Standards (OHRS)
- You will work closely with cross-functional departments as it relates to the overall financial management and health of the Network including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, research and trust accounting, treasury, capital and FP&A to provide value-added analysis
- Maintaining financial records of the Network, assisting in the preparation of timely month-end financial statements, and on an annual basis, assisting in the completion of the year-end audit file
- Improve financial reporting capability, by improving the quality of reporting, linking financial to statistical data or performance metrics
- Compile pertinent financial information to assist in the production of leadership reporting packages for Resource and Executive committees, Board meeting presentations and management
- Ensure sufficient internal controls are in place to for financial accuracy and integrity of data
- Re-engineering, designing and implementing internal controls to ensure the integrity of data and financial information to reduce financial, legal, and reputational risks
- Ability to think critically and challenge existing practices to provide operational leadership that is visionary, creative and collaborative
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) and a Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration
- A related masters-level degree would be considered an asset
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive financial reporting/accounting experience
- Experience within a Big 4 accounting firm and Healthcare is considered an asset
- You have experience and have been responsible for the quality and content of financial data, reporting and audit coordination/support within a large organization
- Strong understanding of accounting standards, policies and audit preparation and execution
- Computer software proficiency in SAP, Meditech, Infor, Excel, Access and Tableau, this is considered an asset
- Experience working with a team, and introduce synergies across departments
- Excellent communication skills
- Priority setter, with keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Demonstrated ability of achieving results through collaboration, impact and influence, organizational awareness, results orientation and service and quality orientation
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
- Demonstrated ability to think critically through strategic orientation and your business acumen
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25782.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.