Reporting to the Director, Corporate Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst provides support in the financial analysis, reforecasts and budgets and preparation of financial statements. The SFA will be responsible for analyzing performance, communicating results and assisting in financial diligence in the company’s decision-making process. The position provides an excellent opportunity to work closely with cross-functional leaders and will play an integral role in providing financial analyses on product innovations, marketing, trade promotions and capital investing decisions.
About the Opportunity
- Budget and Reforecast – Manage the company’s financial planning process for budgets, reforecasts and financial projections. Responsible for quantifying the financial impact of business initiatives, recommending viable options and validating key assumptions. Manage the budget and reforecast timelines, submissions and scenario analyses
- Variance Analysis – Analyze monthly, quarterly and yearly results against prior year and budget/reforecast. Provide deep insights by understanding, analyzing and explaining variances while providing tangible recommendations for improvement
- Financial Analysis – Perform analytics and ROI evaluations for new product innovations, marketing investments, trade promotions and capital investing decisions; lead the search for ways to optimize performance and financial results
- Control process improvements – Aid in the design and implementation testing of key business process controls. Identify controls which are not operating effectively and work with departmental leaders to remediate control weaknesses. Identify gaps in the control framework and recommend control processes to be implemented
- Financial Reporting – Aid in communicating timely and accurate financial results to the executive team including causes for variances against prior year/budget and forward-looking implications. Provide actionable information that will impact the company’s financial results
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA required)
- Senior level with 3+ years audit experience from a big 4 accounting firm preferred
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills, ability to dig into detail without losing sight of the big picture
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24887.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.