About the Company
Our client is a leading technology company in the security industry. They are looking for a Senior Director Finance to join their team!
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
Financial Accounting and Reporting:
- Collaborative Culture
- Positive Employee Morale
- Sustained Low Turnover
- Aspiring to Achieve Initial Public Offering (IPO) within the Next Five Years
Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR):
- Ensure accurate and timely financial accounting and reporting in compliance with relevant accounting standards (e.g. IFRS and GAAP).
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes.
- Oversee reconciliation of key balance sheet GL Accounts monthly/quarterly.
- Responsible for financial statements including note disclosure, annual reports, and any other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Responsible for management reporting.
- Coordinate with external auditors to facilitate the audit process and address any financial reporting matters.
- Review the current processes and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
Tax and Treasury Management:
- Establish and maintain effective internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial reporting.
- Assess and monitor internal control systems, identifying control deficiencies and implementing remediation plans.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors for audits and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) requirements.
- Periodic testing of system integration processes to confirm accuracy of financial information flow.
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A):
- Oversee tax planning and compliance activities, ensuring adherence to applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Manage relationships with external tax advisors and auditors to optimize tax strategies and minimize tax liabilities.
- Develop and implement treasury management strategies, including cash flow forecasting, liquidity management, and risk management.
- Manage relationships with financial institutions, third party lenders and potential investors, as needed.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Lead and oversee the financial planning and analysis process, including budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Provide strategic financial insights and recommendations to support decision-making and drive business performance.
- Collaborate with department heads and executive leadership to develop financial targets and align financial plans with organizational goals.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Identify and assess financial risks, develop risk mitigation strategies, and implement risk management processes.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and industry best practices to ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations and standards.
- Work closely with legal and compliance teams to address financial and regulatory compliance matters.
- Find out effective ways to minimize foreign exchange risks across legal entities in different geographical jurisdictions.
- Lead and manage the finance team, providing guidance, support, and mentorship to promote professional growth and ensure high performance.
- Foster a collaborative and results-driven work environment, encouraging cross-functional collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Lead and coach direct reports: Director of Tax, Compliance, and Financial Management, Senior Manager, Financial Accounting and Financial Analysis Manager.
- CPA designation
- MBA would be considered an advantage
- Significant experience (10+ years) in progressively responsible finance roles, including leadership positions
- Demonstrated experience in financial accounting, reporting, and compliance, including familiarity with relevant accounting standards (e.g., GAAP, IFRS)
- Experience in a Direct to Consumer/ e-commerce business in the Consumer Electronics or CPG industry
- International business experience would be considered an asset
- Strong proficiency and hands-on experience with SAP (Systems, Applications, and Products) financial modules, such as SAP Finance and Controlling (FICO)
- Proper understanding of financial integration, automated financial information flow to ERP system from different platforms
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting financial data to provide actionable insights and recommendations
- Experience with implementing enterprise systems
- Experience specifically in the retail and e-commerce industries, with a strong understanding of inventory management principles and related financial considerations
- Experience with cloud services and recurring revenue models would be an advantage
- Experience with distribution and global operations
- Public company experience or being involved in an IPO would be considered an advantage
- Mandarin would be considered an asset
$160,000 - $170,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 397670
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.