About the Company
Our client is a leader in the real estate industry. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will hold responsibilities for research of complex accounting transactions and will be an important part of a growing team of accounting professionals. This will require an ability to work collaboratively with many constituents across the organization.
Why Work Here
- Promotion within company
- Growing firm with ample opportunity for progression
About the Opportunity
- Provide month and quarter-end closing procedures, including consolidation and eliminations
- Co-ordinate closely with internal team in the US during month-end and quarter-end close, perform a detailed review of results, and prepare adjustments to transition books from US GAAP to IFRS.
- Deliver technical accounting advisory services to stakeholders
- Research complex accounting matters in arriving at a sound recommendation and prepare accounting memos
- Consult and lead technical accounting discussions with the Company’s audit firm
- Work closely with a consulting firm on special projects, as required
- Keep current with new accounting standards under both US GAAP and IFRS
- Supervise and coach junior staff
- Work with senior management on special projects, as required
- 3+ years of industry or firm experience (Big 4 experience strongly preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS technical accounting, US GAAP and financial reporting
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with other Microsoft Office products
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #340088
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.