ARE YOU A PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR LOOKING TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Our client is looking for an experienced professional to join their team for a 12 month contract.
Payroll Administrator - 12 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the processing of payroll for assigned locations. This role must execute tasks that follow all Company policies, legislation practices and requirements. The Payroll Administrator supports the Company’s payroll processing objectives, including managing relationships with internal and external customers, auditors and provincial and federal agencies. The Payroll Administrator will report to the Payroll Manager and act as a key business partner to Human Resources.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and maintain all assigned stores bi-weekly payroll
- Set up new hires
- Set up direct deposit
- Complete Record Of Employment’s
- Follow up on approvals and payroll related issues (e.g. missing hours, vacation, sick days)
- Answer all inquiries pertaining to their locations from employees and supervisors
- Act as an information resource for general payroll administration, including federal and provincial government rules and regulations
- Maintain payroll procedures and processes
- Organize and distribute payroll slips as needed
- Support processing of payroll for other banners as needed
- Adhere to corporate health and safety policy requirements that contribute to a safe workplace
- 2+ years’ of payroll experience
- US Payroll Experience is a nice to have
- Ultipro payroll software experience
- Unionized and non-unionized payroll experience a must
- Post-secondary education in a business related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Related work skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Works well under pressure and stays positive
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Organized and able to prioritize
- Ability to maintain and build positive working relationships, through strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Adapts well to changing work environments
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
$20 - $25/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23230.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.