About the Company
Our client is a market leader in alternative asset fund administration. They are currently seeking a Manager, Internal Audit to join their team!
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package
- Culture in this group will be one of vibrancy, collaboration and positivity
- Opportunity to work in a global environment that will help with your professional development
- You will reports directly to the GIA Business Partner and keeps the Business Partner up-to-date with emerging issues, audit progress and resourcing information.
- Foster risk and control awareness across the organization by working with management and second line of defense functions
- Assist in the execution of the annual risk based audit plan including ongoing evaluation of plan based on emerging risks
- Assist in planning and developing scope, audit program, and appropriate procedures for each audit in accordance with departmental guidelines, IIA Standards, and relevant laws and regulations
- Manage, conduct and participate in audits including responsibility for work paper review, identification of risks/audit issues, report preparation, and escalation of relevant matters identified in the audit process to management and GIA management
- Demonstrate capacity for effective decision making and drawing reasonable conclusions
- Demonstrate comprehension and ability to evaluate existing policies and procedures and identify controls
- Perform audit procedures to test the effectiveness of the controls
- Maintain strong relationships with local senior management and the board, being the first point of contact on behalf of GIA
- Build good rapport with the local regulators and inform them on any important issues as well as staying up-to-date with local regulations
- Maintain expertise and pursue training to keep abreast of new and proposed developments in the Auditing field and consider the impact on the company through various industry organizations including the IIA
- Provide direction, guidance and motivation to staff
- You have a degree level or have a relevant and recognized professional qualification (CPA, CIA, etc.)
- An accountancy, audit, financial or regulatory qualification would be an advantage
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in a similar internal audit position, preferably in a financial institution / Big 4 in an international environment
- Knowledge of modern internal audit best practice and methods
- Affinity with Governance, Risk and Compliance related issues
- Capable of understanding the applications of a range of audit techniques
- Experience in auditing in an international multi-location environment would be a significant advantage
- Knowledge of the TeamMate application and use of data analytics will be considered an advantage
- In addition to automated internal audit applications, proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is expected
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
$100,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #375346.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.