ARE YOU A SEASONED MANAGER, INTERNAL AUDIT LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE? Our client is seeking a team-player to join their organization on a full-time basis.
Manager, Internal Audit
About the Opportunity
- Execute risk-based audits and advisory projects within a dynamic environment by working with an integrated audit team and applying a multi-faceted approach to engagements. Work within professional auditing and accounting standards
- Conduct opening and closing meetings with Senior Executives and Management Board members
- Prepare and communicate audit findings and recommendations with senior levels of Management as well as with the Audit Committee and Board of Directors. Work with the business to develop value added Management Action Plans to address the identified findings to foster continuous improvement and reduce risk across the organization
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and co-workers
- Ensure that the assigned individual audit plan is met on time and on budget
- Conduct research of new and emerging issues and best practices in risk assessment, auditing and accounting. Analyze results to help better understand, communicate and evaluate any significant internal control, accounting or operational business issues
- Perform any ad-hoc requests by management as necessary
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of internal auditing and control standards and internal consulting skills
- University degree in Business, Finance, or equivalent. Completed a professional designation with 3+ years of audit experience
- 3-5 years of experience in banking/financial services, including credit and debit card operations
- Experience with the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI), in areas such as anti-money laundering (AML) and capital adequacy (ICAAP), outsourcing of business activities (B-10) and the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
- Team player with excellent ability to multitask, collaborate and effectively prioritize to manage and complete projects within tight timelines
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills, comfortable presenting to Senior Executives
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and use of data analytics in an audit environment is an asset
- Flexibility/adaptability working on changing priorities
- Knowledge of IT controls or system implementations (project management, agile, waterfall) would be an asset
- Enthusiastic learner with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced changing work environment
- Proactive individual with the ability to effectively manage various projects simultaneously and adhere to strict deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other functions and build strong working relationships
- Influencing skills and ability to challenge the status quo to simplify processes
- Critical thinker with a passion for completing data analysis to identify trends, conclusions and provide recommendations based on the findings
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23890.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.