Looking for a challenge and want to use your strengths?
General Accountant - 4 week assignment - 10764
This position reports to the Senior Accountant, and is responsible for assisting with day to day accounting functions of the department. This also includes weekly and monthly operations reports to support other departments; as well as any relevant special projects/assignments.
About the Opportunity
- Daily bank reconciliation for Canadian deposit account with 49 stores, Canadian and US chequing account as well as operating line
- Prepares and post journal entries, process daily system postings
- Preparation of the daily sales and margin report for management and investors
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts at month end
- Maintenance of fixed assets and prepaid expense binders
- Responsible for completing the monthly reporting binder for management
- Analyses expenditures, revenue accounts, and significant variances
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting for various departments and the bank
- Running of perpetual inventory reports at month end close\
- Ad hoc requests by Senior Accountant
- Special projects when required
- Accounting designation (CGA preferred); or Pace 1/2 2 is an asset
- Two to five years working experience in a multiple retail or distribution environment in an accounting related position
- General knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- MUST have high volume bank rec's experience
- JDA and query experience is considered an asset
- Proficient in MS Office
- High attention to detail, accuracy and reliability
- Ability to organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work overtime when required
$19.00 - $21.00 per/hr
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button below and follow the instructions to submit your résumé. We only accept documents in Word format. Please be sure to quote job # 10764 when referencing the job and a recruiter will be in touch with you if you are qualified for the position applied for.
Thank you for your interest in this role. One of our Recruiters will be in touch with you if your profile meets the requirements for the role and the expectations of our clients. Please note that all candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity.
Founded in 1985, the Lannick Group of Companies has grown into the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Lannick Group includes Lannick Finance & Accounting, which recruits finance and accounting professionals for mid- to senior-level permanent and contract roles; Pro Count Staffing, which places junior- to intermediate-level finance and accounting professionals in temporary and permanent roles; and Lannick Technology, which specializes in providing technology professionals at all levels and roles on a contract, contract-to-hire and permanent basis. Lannick Group has five times been named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by the Great Places to Work Institute. Learn more at www.lannickgroup.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit. ™