About the Company
Our client is a large organization in the consumer packaged goods industry. They are looking for a Financial Analyst who will be a part of the Controllership team and will assist in the external financial reporting duties.
Why Work Here
- Very fun place to work; company/team events
- Employees all generally enjoy living a healthy lifestyle which aligns with the company’s values
- Open concept office
- The direct manager is a very strong mentor
About the Opportunity
- Accounting, reconciliation and analysis of various General Ledger (GL) accounts
- Actively facilitate month-end close process and month-end analysis for various accounts
- Update and maintain commitment schedules, operating leases and various other reconciliations, in accordance with IFRS guidance
- Accounting for capital assets in accordance with IFRS
- Accounting for SG&A spend for the full business including variance analysis, which requires a high degree of interaction with various teams across the business
- Prepare journal entries as necessary
- Assist with Gross Margin and Profitability analysis for key Brands and variance analysis for marketing related spend
- Complete understanding of a full GL closing process and will have experience with accounting for multiple legal entities and/or business combinations that require consolidation
- Monitor, review, analyze and reconcile GL accounts to ensure accuracy and is able to proactively and effectively identify and report on variances
- Assist in gathering and review of monthly, quarterly and annual information for external reporting, audits, reviews and tax compliance
- Provide recommendations and assisting with the implementation / improvement of internal controls and processes where required
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Strong proficiency in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- CPG/Manufacturing industry experience is an asset
- Bilingual English/Mandarin is an asset
$70,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28854.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.