About the Company
Our client acquires, strengthens and grows vertical market software companies, enabling them to be clear leaders within their focused industry. They are looking for a Bilingual Controller who will be a key part in overseeing the full cycle accounting and financial reporting close, maintain exceptional internal controls, and deliver accurate and timely financial results.
Why Work Here
- Work under a great manager and mentor who will value your professional and career development
- Tons of opportunity for progression through the current company, or one of their many portfolio companies
- 100% remote working environment, with the option to go into their various offices. Flexibility to work from anywhere.
- Be part of a rapidly growing organization with the backing of a successful large public company
About the Opportunity
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions, including financial close, treasury, fixed assets and accounts payable
- Ensure timely and accurate closing of financial periods (monthly, quarterly, and annually) and provide comprehensive analysis of financial performance
- Maintain excellent accounting records and ensure systems/processes are well organized
- Be a mentor and coach to your direct reports, ensuring each achieves their best while providing them with opportunities for continuous growth
- Help prepare and coordinate parent company tax, project, or other ad hoc data requests
- Ensure state sales tax compliance in Canada and the United States
- Work with our partners at head office to support the audit process
- Analysis of business performance, provide trend analysis and develop/improve corporate reporting
- Challenge the status quo by analyzing, proposing, and implementing improvements that strengthen our systems, processes and internal controls
- Work with portfolio companies’ finance teams to continue to improve efficiencies related to the financial close process
- Perform monthly risk control matrices and COSO documentation as part of Risk Management objective
- CPA, CMA, or CA
- Bilingual – English & Hebrew is a must have
- 5 or more years of proven and progressive experience managing an accounting team or function.
- Experience in a technology-based environment, particularly Software/SaaS/Subscription, is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required, as are excellent analytical and communication skills
$125,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #341111.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.