About the Company
Our client is a global manufacturing company. They are currently looking for an Assistant Controller who will be reporting to the Corporate Controller
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package including 407 pass (3 weeks’ vacation, RRSP matching, health/dental, life, disability, insurance etc.)
- Great culture, annual work trips, and fun things to do while in the office
- Vast opportunities for progression in this position
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic team
About the Opportunity
- Provide day to day forecasting, reporting and analysis support for the company’s entities and other operations as necessary to meet the needs of our expanding business.
- Analyze weekly and monthly results
- Assist in preparing standalone and consolidated financial statements
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts and income statement accounts
- Review and approval of recurring journal entries and month-end journal entries
- Provide variance analysis relating to company sales and expenses
- Provide support to budget process
- Assist with annual external audit including requests management, analyses for auditor’s requirements and status updates
- Managing weekly status meeting for the team and prepare the summary reports to a Corporate Controller/CFO
- Assist with monthly and YE Consolidation and assistance with preparation of the Consolidated financial statements
- Assist a Corporate Controller with supervising the Accounting team
- Being in charge of the Accounting department at time of Corporate Controller/CFO absence
- CPA or relevant accounting designation
- 5+ years working experience in accounting
- Expert level proficiency in MS Office software
- Experience in working with multi-currency/multi-entity setting is an asset
- Exposure to consumer or manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a public accounting firm
$90,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #304759.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.