Position Summary: Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, the Senior Financial Reporting Analyst, Financial Reporting is primarily responsible for all aspects dealing with financial statements for Funds. The person will work closely with the Senior Manager and will use their expertise to assist in the review process of financial statements and other tasks as assigned. This position requires at least 2 years of strong knowledge of the investment fund industry from operations, technical and business process perspectives.
About the Opportunity
- First level reviewer of financial statements and other tasks as required
- Quality control on notes and templates per industry standards
- Stay informed of upcoming regulations and IFRS changes as required related to investment fund industry
- Prepare certain financial statements as directed by the Senior Manager
- Assist with departmental inquiries relating to financial reporting
- Assist Senior Manager with client inquiries as needed
- Assist and review the rollover of financial statements, templates, notes and other documents for semiannual and annual periods
- Work to continually improve the processes associated with your assigned functions
- Accounting Designation
- At least 2 years of financial reporting experience within the investment fund industry
- Strong practical use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- CSC is an asset
- Very strong attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work within the time frame relating to financial reporting
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to prioritize and manage work
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24843.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.