About the Company
Our client is a well-established energy and infrastructure company looking for a Senior Analyst, Regulatory Affairs who will be responsible for ensuring that the regulatory reporting requirements are reported in a timely and accurate manner, and assisting the Director, Regulatory Strategy and Privacy Officer with rate submissions
Why Work Here
- Stable and high growth company
- Fantastic work/life balance
- Lots of opportunities for growth
About the Opportunity
- Assist the Director, Regulatory Strategy and Privacy Officer in the preparation of rate submissions and related projects and analysis.
- Assist the Director, Regulatory Strategy and Privacy Officer in the annual review and requests for disposition of Regulatory Deferral and Variance accounts.
- Submission of regulatory filings, ensuring adherence to submission guidelines.
- Submission and reconciliation of monthly Regulated Price Plan Settlement and rebates with the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO )
- Prepare annual regulatory reporting to the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) and IESO
- Liaison between Finance and Regulatory Affairs on regulatory accounting matters.
- Interpret and provide feedback to the Director, Regulatory Strategy and Privacy Officer on amendments to existing regulations and new regulations.
- Assist with budget preparation and analysis.
- Participate in load forecast preparation.
- Run queries in Harris, Cognos and ODS as required for submissions and settlement process.
- Maintain LDC benchmarking analysis using annual OEB electricity distributor yearbooks and scorecards.
- Participate in key account monitoring (Invoice breakdown, customer inquiries in regard to regulatory matters, and monitoring and reporting GA savings under the IESO ICI program).
- Monitor Regulatory Variance and Deferral accounts for outstanding balances, billing anomalies, regulatory adjustments, and interest calculations.
- Monitor monthly distribution revenue.
- Complete and submit monthly and annual electricity supply and disposition Statistics Canada surveys
- Coordinate with Customer Care department to implement rate changes in the Customer Information System (CIS)
- Audit the rates setup in the CIS and audit customer bills to ensure accuracy
- Other duties as assigned by Director, Regulatory Strategy and Privacy Officer
- 3-5 years’ related experience
- OEB and IESO reporting experience
- Proficiency in the use of Excel (Advanced), Word, PowerPoint and accounting software packages
$95,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 336287.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.