About the Company
Our client is in the financial services industry. They are currently looking for a Senior Analyst, Pension Accounting to be responsible for leading operational and tax accounting activities.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and excellent benefits package
- Excellent team-based, collaborative culture
- Great work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Oversee the execution of Finance steps on the Annual Tax Slip Process and provide initial review of the tax slip reconciliation report.
- Support the Finance Tax team in completing pension operations related tax returns and addressing regular inquiries from tax authorities such as the Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Quebec as well as during tax audits.
- Review and approve the processing of amended/cancelled tax slips and address tax related inquiries from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with tax audit/examination by gathering records required by tax authorities and supporting the Tax team in responding to audit questions.
- Support management and other stakeholder teams and collaborate with tax experts, as necessary, in addressing tax slip related issues, requests or inquiries from members or next of kin/estate trustee/executor of deceased members.
- Conduct pension tax inquiries on member tax issues with appropriate tax authorities and consult/collaborate with tax experts
- Review operational monitoring reports prepared by Pension Accounting Operations team and provide to senior leadership or to appropriate teams in Plan Operations for actioning, as required.
- Work collaboratively with other groups in the Finance Division, Plan operations, and IT to identify and implement solutions for new initiatives and strategies
- Support the team with resolving day-to-day issues and provide training and support to the team as required.
- CPA or MBA
- 5-7 years’ finance industry experience, preferably in pension/trust fund operations with adequate knowledge and experience in tax accounting and compliance past supervisory experience an asset
- Experience in large ERP (i.e. customer and payment administration system) with full understanding of financial data flow
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Planner, Outlook)
$90,000 to $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #348769
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.