About the Company
Our client is a leading company in the rental housing and real estate industry. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to perform month-end and quarter-end closing procedures, prepare and review account reconciliations and variance discussions, review and post bank and other journal entries, and assist in the design and preparation of the corporate financial statements and MD&A.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement in this role
- Corporate environment with “Bay Street” polish; Office is brand new and ultra-modern
About the Opportunity
- Perform month-end and quarter-end closing procedures, including consolidation and eliminations
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and variance discussions
- Review and post bank and other journal entries
- Assist in the design and preparation of the corporate financial statements and MD&A
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and other financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Improve and document month-end procedures and workbooks to enhance the accuracy of financial reporting
- Prepare accounting memos to determine appropriate accounting treatment under IFRS and other accounting standards, as necessary
- Supervise and coach junior staff
- Coordinate with internal teams as necessary
- CA from a Big 8 firm
- IFRS Experience
- From Real Estate, Consumer Goods, Mining Industry (preferably)
- Strong attention to detail and adheres to high standards for work quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29862.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.