About the Company
Our client is a global alternative asset manager with over $600 billion in assets under management and has over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on real estate, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. They are looking to hire a Manager of Finance & Operations, who will be responsible for providing key performance reporting deliverables for Senior Management and other stakeholders.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary
- Opportunity for growth
- Amazing mentorship
About the Opportunity
- Manage fund operations for Fund of Funds, inclusive of addressing investor inquiries, liaising with external fund administrators, and reporting on quarterly performance returns and financial statements.
- Analyze and prepare quarterly management reports on global fundraising expenses, tracking against budget and identifying cost savings where possible
- Lead technological initiatives to enhance data reporting capabilities, with the goal to achieve more timely and meaningful reporting to senior management on the private funds business
- Develop subject matter expertise to advise on fund operational matters inclusive of investor reporting, valuations, performance measurement, and fund administration
- Monitor industry and regulatory hot topics, trends, and best practices, and develop, implement or update the company's fund policies and/or protocols as needed
- Work with branding and communications and IR teams to assess participation in industry surveys and rankings, and responses to publication requests and DDQs, and how best to position the company within these responses
- Coordinate the subscription program for all of private funds and manage relationships with external vendors
- Ad-hoc analyses and presentations on financial and operational results, supporting the team with any special projects
- University degree in Business or Finance
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- Minimum of 6 years of financial services related experience, asset management experience is preferred
- Strong Excel skills - can perform pivot tables, v-lookups with large amounts of data
- Experience with BI tools considered an asset
- Exposure to private funds and knowledge of the investment management industry
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30370.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.