About the Company
Our client is a leading organization in the distribution retail sector of the healthcare industry. They are looking to add a Manager, Financial Reporting responsible for leading the month-end closing process and ensuring the financial results are reported accurately and on time.
Why Work Here
- Collaborative environment
- People care about one another
- Hours are reasonable
- Controller & CFO believe in work/life balance
About the Opportunity
- Guide, develop and motivate a multifunctional team of 4+ professionals
- Lead the monthly financial reporting process
- Ensure timely preparation of the monthly consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS for reporting to the AL Group. Supports the Corporate Controller with the operations of the accounting team and optimizing its internal structure and task allocation. Manages annual external audit.
- Ensure financial reporting is timely and accurate with strong attention to detail
- Ensure accounting practices are appropriate, well implemented, and comply with professional and Company directives
- Provide Board documents as requested, as well as any other documentation required by the Senior Leadership Team
- Manages the General Ledger and ensures all accounts are reconciled on a timely basis, managing the day-to-day operations of the team
- Review annual corporate income tax return and working papers for accounting and compliance purposes as well as all 9+ subsidiary entities
- Review and approve subsidiary reporting deliverables and financial statements for accuracy and completeness
- Review and oversee the reconciliation of intercompany balances and transactions
- Ensure compliance and improves internal controls, risks, and governance policies as directed by the Corporate Controller and Internal Controller
- Monitor and analyze monthly financial and non-financial information received to identify important trends and potential problem areas
- Prepare and report to management on annual risk management and internal control plans
- Acquisition purchase price allocations, finance integration activities and due diligence procedures
- Ensure smooth transition to a new ERP system
- CPA, CA
- 5+ years relevant finance experience including exposure to internal/external audit
- People management experience
$95,000 - $98,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28678.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.