About the Company
Our client is a well-known company in the insurance industry. They are looking for a Manager, Accounting Specialist that will be focused on accounting, regulatory and statutory reporting, process improvement, and some variance analysis.
Why Work Here
- Work for a great boss CPA who is fantastic in terms of personality and mentorship
- Very reasonable work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Review and approve complex financial activities including the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Conduct a detailed review for accuracy and completeness and approve internal management based financial reporting based on US GAAP, both routine and ad hoc for complete and consistent results with corporate policies and standards.
- Prepare and review external financial statements under IFRS and in compliance with OSFI. Prepare analysis of results for presentation to Board of Directors
- Prepare and review income and indirect tax provisions and tax returns.
- Perform and review financial controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Identify and maximize tools to obtain data necessary to support financial analysis and create financial transactions.
- Responsibilities may include extracting and analyzing data.
- Develop complex financial analyses for key performance metrics (i.e. production, profitability, expense management, staffing). Validates analyses.
- Prepare documentation and review documentation to support Internal and External Audits. Interacts with internal and external auditors.
- Prepare relevant components of overall business and financial plan, budget and forecasts for the organization.
- Maintain compliance with various financial external regulatory requirements and internal accounting policies.
- Apply basic accounting and financial concepts and controls to support the development, implementation or enhancement to financial systems and processes (SME) for non-complex issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Reporting.
- Tax experience is an asset.
$90,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 315612.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role