ARE YOU A SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCT (R&D) LEADER, HUNGRY TO MAKE YOUR MARK? We are looking for a software Lead/Director to help a company make its internal software into a sellable commercial product!
Director, Software Product and R&D
About the Opportunity
- Lead and coach a team of internal and off-shore developers (~10 staff)
- Formalize robust source code management/devops/build processes
- Formalize robust development and testing/quality assurance
- Formalize product roadmaps/feature sets
- Formalize commercial release and update strategy
- Formalize client/user support and training processes
- Work with marketing on advertising, selling, pricing models, etc.
- History of progressive roles in software product development
- Proven experience leading/managing application development teams
- Proven experience bringing a piece of software to market (commercializing into a product)
- Strong understanding of all the steps of SDLC, including
- Development best practices (including Agile)
- Product Management / feature set and road mapping
- QA (including automation)
- Devops / Release / Build Management
- Hosting and Production Support
- Client / User support processes
- Code base management / branching
- Software security / BCP
- Not too far removed from hands-on Software Architecture / development (Microsoft stack preferred)
$120,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23931.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.