About the Company
Our client is a well-respected company in the asset management industry who can offer a competitive compensation package with benefits. They are looking for a Director to be responsible for providing leadership in regards to internal and external financial reporting.
Why Work Here
- Excellent, team-based culture
- Great work/life balance
- Low turnover environment
About the Opportunity
- Lead corporate monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes
- Evaluate and interpret complex accounting issues and emerging financial reporting trends to ensure that they are in compliance
- Manage and maintain a positive working relationship with the external auditors along with the AVP, Financial Reporting & Investment Accounting
- Lead the planning, organizing and coordination of all aspects of the annual year-end audit with the external auditors
- Lead the preparation and review the monthly and quarterly reporting to the CFO, the Audit & Finance committee
- Implement cost allocation process to ensure insightful and accurate reporting of costs
- Lead the design and implementation of changes to the corporate General Ledger system
- CPA, CA
- 7-10+ years of related working experience in financial services industry
- Strong communication, leadership and people management skills
- Strong knowledge/exposure of IFRS and investment reporting
- MD&A and FP&A experience is an asset
$140,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25312.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.