Our Client is sourcing for an interim Director of Corporate Finance for a 12 Month contract to cover a maternity leave. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Director of Corporate Finance will lead the analysis and communication of our operating results, deliver on our quarterly reporting requirements and manage the company’s corporate finance function. The position provides an excellent opportunity to work closely with cross functional departments as well as the Controllership group.
About the Opportunity
- Communicate Actionable Information – Communicate timely and accurate financial results to the senior management team including causes for variances against prior year/budget and forward looking implications
- Quarterly Reporting Deliverables – Manage the company’s quarter end and year end requirements, including Board/AC reports, FS (IFRS), MD&A, Press Release, AIF and Management Circular, etc.
- Risk Management and Internal Controls – Evaluate the company’s risk management process and ensure effectiveness of internal controls; identifying and recommending improvements along the way
- Treasury and Tax – Prepare lender presentations and compliance certificates. Tax provisions and compliance for our Canadian and International operations
- Budget and Forecasting – Support our commercial and operational teams in the forecasting and budget process
- Special Projects – M&A’s, global expansion projects and improvements to the company’s decision making process
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA required) with strong understanding of IFRS
- 8+ Experience years in a financial role with at least 3 years of audit experience (Manufacturing and CPG preferred)
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills, ability to dig into detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Excellent time management skills (ability to multitask and manage deadlines)
- A proven leader, coach and mentor in a fast paced, cross functional team environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office applications – an Excel expert
- Consolidation experience, working with multiple divisions and international operations
- Ability to multitask with multiple deadlines and prioritize crucial deliverables
- A track record of proactively identifying improved efficiency and cost savings through financial analysis and foresight
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24832.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.