About the Company
Our client is a leading real estate development company. They are currently looking for a Corporate Controller to oversee the accounting functions of the firm, and provide support with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and MD&A.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Very inclusive environment, collaborative and strong culture that rewards exceptional performance
- Growing company with a strong breadth of operations, privately owned and operated company with strong core business values
About the Opportunity
- Manage the preparation and review of all monthly, quarterly and annual reports and associated consolidated financial statements, footnotes, management's discussion and analysis and supporting schedules
- Oversee all regulatory compliance requirements
- Manage accounting team members (currently four employees) by overseeing and reviewing prepared work while also provides leadership and guidance on appropriate accounting processes to complete the tasks at hand
- Oversee all policies set by the assigned entities, including but not limited to, liquidity policy, tax policy, etc.
- Ensure that all filing deadlines are met and all reporting requirements are fulfilled
- Manage operational, general ledger, and general accounting departments
- Monitor and manage cash flow, cash requirements, and cash investment policy for all properties to meet the cash needs
- Evaluate all significant accounting transactions; research and implement relevant accounting technical standards
- Ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting is maintained
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation and delivery of all regular and ad hoc management reports
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax filings and be the point person for all year-end reviews and tax returns
- Oversee the processing of all accounts payable and accounts receivable for all properties
- Prepare monthly forecasts and operational reports at the request of management for all properties under management and the management companies
- Responsible for meeting all investor and lender-imposed deadlines
- Interact with other accounting team members, asset managers, property managers and all other areas of the company to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations
- Assist with the rollout of any new MRI Software initiatives
- Be a liaison with MRI Technical Support to constantly improve software utilization
- CPA (8-10 years of experience), CPA, CA (preference but open)
- 4-5 years experience as Controller
- Real Estate development industry experience (Residential)
- Financial Reporting (ASPE or IFRS) experience
- People Management experience is nice to have
- Yardi or NewStar experience is also nice to have
Highly competitive and dependant on candidate experience.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29958.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.