About the Opportunity
As a key member of the Senior Management team, the Corporate Controller will direct the day-to-day management of the financial operations. The individual will also take on a leadership role helping to guide Audit, Taxes, and Compliance, Board Reporting, Control of Assets, Treasury Management, Finance Policy development, modelling, planning and forecasting and overseeing other activities, including the month end cycle, financial reports, budgets and controls. Aside from strong technical accounting requirements, this role will manage and facilitate budgets and forecasts along with enhanced reporting.
The Corporate Controller is a key contributor for increasing the efficiency and accuracy of the Finance department’s deliverables by performing process re-engineering, initiating and supporting process automation, integrating new processes and services within existing Finance processes and coordinating system enhancements in partnership with PMO or otherwise. This individual will partner with Finance staff to improve operational effectiveness, act as a change agent to drive risk management and sustainable improvement initiatives across the Finance function, identifying opportunities for improvements. The incumbent successfully liaises with operating units throughout the organization and is empowered to ensure that Finance is a true business partner. Key metrics for the role may include: team leadership & engagement, timely executive reporting, strategic support, audit committee feedback.
- Provides leadership to a team of finance professionals that delivers cyclical activities such as preparing the monthly General Ledger, reconciliations, Accounts Receivable (A/R), Accounts Payable (A/P), Payroll, Tax Remittances as well as Collections efforts in accordance with company policy & GAAP
- Acts as a leadership role model, through coaching, feedback, development and performance management of direct and indirect reports
- Partners with VP, Finance to drive and enhance cost recovery and expense monitoring & controls
- Provides ad hoc reporting and Executive briefs for colleagues to facilitate decision making
- Contributes to strategic planning, supports organizational initiatives and keeps abreast of critical issues
- Develops and executes on cash management, investment and collections strategies
- Leads tax compliance and audit reporting
- Creates and manages budgets for the organization and provides regular reporting on cost recovery targets
- Continuously seeks opportunities for business process improvement
- Implements appropriate controls to safeguard assets and mitigate risks
- Leads the financial auditing processes, including review of document preparation and schedules for the annual financial audit and intermittent audits pertaining to government funding and year-end closing processes
- Ensures all recommendations from audits are implemented as needed ensuring audit compliance, and systems and data integrity
- Develops efficient and effective financial policies and procedures and ensures adherence to support internal controls
- Seeks opportunities to evaluate, design, implement, improve and further automate the finance systems and functions
- Supports departmental participation in cross functional projects
- Professional accounting designation, such as CPA
- At least 10 years’ experience in finance, with at least 5 years’ experience leading a finance function at a management level
- In-depth understanding of the key business drivers and Finance Operations that enhance performance, planning, analysis, and financial operations services
- Superior analytical and reporting skills combined with strong collaboration and influencing abilities
- Proven organizational abilities with strong attention to detail as well as effective analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Previous proven success working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project-based environment with emphasis on tight timelines and delivery
- Capacity to manage and deliver multiple priorities to competing and sometimes conflicting commitments quickly and effectively
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentation
- Proven strong systems skills and knowledge of Great Plains or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Proven superior MS Office skills
- Not for Profit experience and Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
$120,000 - $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25465.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.