About the Company
Our client is a leading real estate service and investment firm. They are currently looking for a Controller who will be responsible for supporting a portfolio of clients and maintain management oversight of the property and services management busisness lines and provide support with technical accounting, AP/AR functions and other ad hoc responsibilities as required.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Very inclusive environment, collaborative culture and a strong culture that rewards exceptional performance
- Strong mentorship opportunities, the company typically hires top calibre individual
About the Opportunity
- Reviews and analyzes scope of service changes from team managers, and prices additional services based on in-depth knowledge of the department's pricing platform. Identifies and recommends consulting opportunities to managers, market leaders, and/or clients.
- Manages an accounting staff and assists with training and monitoring performance issues. Reviews staff projects to ensure work accuracy and departmental deadlines are achieved.
- Performs and assists with profitability analysis, financial decision-making, and operating statistics for a functional area.
- Provides technical advice and training on accounting systems to staff. Interprets current policies and practices and plans and implements new operating procedures to improve efficiency.
- Assists Senior Management with implementation of strategic department and corporate initiatives.
- Troubleshoots escalated issues and ensures internal and external customer requests are handled timely, accurately and with a focus on customer service. Creates a positive customer experience by opening and maintaining constructive and reliable lines of communication.
- Participates and/or leads all aspects of internal and external property and client transitions.
- Establishes and maintains accounting processes and procedures which comply with generally accepted accounting principles, tax requirements, compliance requirements and management reporting requirements.
- Verifies and ensures accounting team's debt, real estate tax, sales tax and owner distribution payments are made timely and internal databases are updated and maintained accordingly.
- Min 6 years of experience in an accounting/reporting capacity
- Coming from the real estate industry
- Knowledge in Yardi is an asset
$120,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #330661.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.