About the Opportunity
- Performing all payroll and benefit administration
- Maintaining employee’s scheduled hours of work files and performs all related payroll and data entry.
- Providing day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting ledger processes.
- Performing all deposit activities including bank deposits and monthly bank reconciliations, including monthly summary.
- Reviewing outstanding aged trial balance weekly, ensuring receivables are maintained.
- Preparing trial balance on a monthly basis and review with the Directors, including internal financial statement preparation with month end journal entries
- Performing all Account Payable transactions and cheque preparations for the Directors approval.
- Remittance of government filings
- 15-month contract position
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact within the team as well as external public suppliers i.e.; CRA, external accountants etc.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of basic accounting principles as well as effective bookkeeping and payroll administration management skills
- Demonstrate solid organization and efficiency skills as well as technical effectiveness
- Sound PC skills, with knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software, Payroll systems, Windows and Excel Spreadsheets
- Able to work under minimal supervision in a very confidential environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Strong knowledge of computers and computer systems
- Approximately 5 years of relevant experience
- Must become competent at interpreting the Health and Safety Act, Payroll and Payroll tax requirements and some knowledge of the Employment Standards Act
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29045.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.