About the Company
Our client is a well-established manufacturing organization in the automotive industry. They are looking for an Assistant Controller to assist the CFO in managing the accounting workflow, providing accounting direction and analytical support to division management.
Why Work Here
- Very welcoming and collaborative culture
- Family-run feel
- Good work/life balance
About the Opportunity
- Direct all aspects of the daily accounting function
- Lead the Month, Quarter, and Year End close processes
- Oversee all transactions related to general ledger, accounts receivable/payable.
- Provide guidance to the Accounting Staff
- Maintain an effective system of internal controls
- Build and maintain cost accounting models/standards
- Hand on operational support; effectively communicate with key business partners to manage inventory, source data, and provide meaningful analysis
- Play a key role in identifying and implementing process improvement projects
- Supervise and develop accounting department, team of 4
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting.
- Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Review bank reconciliations.
- Lead year-end financial statement audit, mid-year audit, quarterly reviews and tax return preparation with external auditors
- Understand and supervise all aspects of cash flow, working jointly with Corporate Controller including preparing and updating cash flow projections and liquidity requirements
- Support ongoing system maintenance, upgrades and enhancements of the financial systems
- 6-7 years of full-cycle accounting experience at a manufacturing company
- Strong SOX knowledge is an asset
$90,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28590.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.