The Application Development Manager’s role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of the company’s software applications. The manager will be hands-on with architecture and integration planning, while managing a dedicated team of 8-10 developers. The role is also responsible for establishing best practices, departmental workflow, technical resources for staff, and knowledge exchange.
This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
About the Opportunity
- Manage the architecture, development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing custom applications throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Lead pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of business operations.
- Design, develop, and implement enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
- Where necessary, prepare, establish, and monitor budgets and resource estimates
- Proven experience with design/architecture and hands-on development of complex enterprise .NET applications
- Proven understanding of architecture and design frameworks/patterns, n-tier application architecture best practices
- Strong experience in leading by example of Development teams of 5-10+ developers in Agile environments
- SME level hands-on skills in Microsoft stack development ecosystem (.NET, MSSQL, APIs, Web Services, JS, MVC, Biztalk, Sharepoint, etc)
- TOGAF, ITIL, PMP, MCPD and other certifications are a plus
100,000 - $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #20948.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.