About the Company
Our client is a Canadian non profit Technology organization that is looking to hire an Information Security Director.
About the Opportunity
- This role will be working on Security initiatives within the organization and initially will be a TEAM OF ONE
- They already do have a defined Security roadmap, so this person will have to review it and make any changes, then build a team and work on execution and evaluation of projects/solutions
- This company is a TrendMicro shop (they have paid for their whole suite of products, so they will be doing more high end tuning/policies for endpoint etc), and are moving from F5 to Palo Alto (4 units) - everything from basic installation to more complex tasks like app layer rules, intrusion detection/prevention, malware, 2-factor authentication, etc
- This person will be working with CDW on implementing SOC-as-a-service, participate in audits, work on documentation, work with Siem (Logrythm), IDS/IPS, DLP, etc
- Completed university degree in technology/science/math-related disciplines
- Proven progressive IT Security positions, culminating in managing a small Cybersecurity department/team for an organization
- Strong understanding of full gambit of IT security management - from simple endpoint protection, vulnerability detection/prevention, hardening of systems, cybersecurity best practices/standards, tools and techniques, monitoring, security audits, annual pen tests, stakeholder reporting, project delivery, and social engineering issues
- Strong current hands-on IT Security skills (this is not a fully hands-off management position)
- Strong experience with SIEM, IDS/IPS, DLP, SOC
- Great communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Certifications are highly preferred - CISSP, CISM, or similar
- Located anywhere in Ontario (will consider out of province as well, this is a fully remote role)
- CISSP, CISM or other
- Palo Alto experience
- TrendMicro, Logrythm or similar tools
$140,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29918
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.