About the Company
Our client builds and installs hardware and software systems, and they are looking to hire a Field Technician.
About the Opportunity
- This role is a travelling field technician for parking systems – everything from motors on the barrier arms to payment terminals
- The skillset that is needed for this type of role is two-fold – electronics/electrical circuits as well as IT troubleshooting
- People with electrical engineering or ‘computer technologist’ diplomas coupled with IT experience typically do well
- Field service experience is also preferred – could be from companies that service ATMs or POSs – any field product that combines hardware and software, and which requires electronics knowledge (e.g., voltage or amperage drops, etc.), even people that supported outdoor gear in the oil fields, mines, etc
- Could be internet installers from Bell/Rogers, etc
- Fresh grads with electrical engineering diplomas who also have some computer skills would be a fit
- We are looking for very good English communication skills – this person will be communicating with non-technical users (e.g., lot manager or property manager) – both in person and on the phone
- Currently all field techs also rotate into the helpdesk – so some support over the phone once in a while as well (30% of the time)
- Education or experience in electronics/electrical engineering – troubleshooting electrical circuits, Programmable controllers (eg PLC), relays, AC/DC, motors, etc.
- Education or experience in IT – troubleshooting TCP/IP, HTTP, Operating systems, workstations, networked devices, etc
- Experience (or desire to be) in field services support – travel within GTA mostly in company car and work with their hands
- Strong troubleshooting skills (narrowing down issues to components, etc)
- Very good communication skills, ability to troubleshoot thru non-technical users
- Clean drivers abstract, willingness to drive a company car to client sites
- Field service experience (being on the road at client sites)
- Exposure to mechanics (eg motors, etc)
- Exposure to web/html – they have a web admin panel thru https
- MSSQL or Postgres are their databases on backend
- Linux and Windows (Linux is new, Windows is legacy OS for their terminals)
- Ability to work out of office 5 days per week and travel within GTA 9-5
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 348003
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.