About the Company
Our client is an Alternative Asset Manager, Investor and Developer across North America. They are looking for a Director, Finance & Accounting who will oversee and manage the day to day accounting, analysis, and reporting for the organization.
Why Work Here
- Company is experiencing rapid growth – great chance to join at an opportune time
- Entrepreneurial environment, where you will be empowered with challenging and rewarding work, and abundant opportunity for growth and development
- Strong culture of collaboration, open communication, and continuous learning
- Competitive compensation package. You will be rewarded for the work you put in.
About the Opportunity
- Financial Accounting, Operations and Reporting
- Oversee the accounting team’s completion of month end and quarterly deliverables, including review of internal reports, third party reporting and completion of variance analyses versus budgets
- Develop internal management reporting to assist senior management make informed decisions as part of the company’s transition to an asset manager, including understanding of GP profitability, along with ‘rolling forecasts’ of GP and LP related cash flows to support business planning
- Oversee the centralized cash management, treasury and accounts payable/receivable function services Corporate and the company’s platforms, including
- Familiarity with setting up and maintaining a cash management structure across several legal entities, along with cash positioning and bank account opening/closing/maintenance
- Review and sign-off on monthly and quarterly financial statements and related schedules and financial reports
- Coordinate and manage interim and year-end audits for the company’s entities.
- People Management
- Lead, develop, and motivate a team of accounting professionals to deliver value to the broader organization,
- Mentor and grow a high-performance accounting team through a deep understanding of ‘what good looks like’, and setting quarterly and annual objectives with rigorous execution to achieve desired outcomes
- Private Equity
- Oversee the financial and operational aspects of a private fund under the company’s Private Equity Platform, including
- Liaising with portfolio company senior management to assist with investment oversight,
- Review all investor correspondence, including capital call, distribution notices and related matters,
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all investor tax correspondence,
- Review valuations used in preparation of fair value financial statements and performance metrics,
- Financial oversight of direct Private Equity balance sheet investments (i.e. not through the company’s private fund),
- Assist in capital raising efforts for successor Private Equity funds.
- Process Innovation and Controls
- Identify and implement new ways to improve quality and efficiency of financial processes as part of a continuous improvement mind-set
- Lead the design and implementation of a replacement tool for the current ERP system used by the Corporate platform.
- Familiarity with co ordinating and reviewing the timely completion of Canadian tax compliance matters, including partnership, HST and non-complex Canadian T2 returns
- Strong understanding and experience of payroll and benefits administration and ability to oversee a payroll administration
- Other duties as assigned
- CPA designation
- 8 -10 years of experience in a wide breadth accounting role
- Strong people management and leadership experience
- Experience with process automation and improvement
- Experience in the asset management industry an asset
$160,000 - $180,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #318405.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.