About the Company
Our client is a large retailer with stores located across Canada. This private company is looking to add an Accounting Manager to their finance team to be responsible for financial reporting, treasury, and inventory management.
Why Work Here
- Growing and successful company with opportunity for progression
- Smaller team, very friendly
- Fast-paced environment
- Open door policy and open concept layout
About the Opportunity
- Review monthly journal entries during month-end close process to ensure accuracy of month end results
- Ensure the timely completion and accuracy of general ledger account reconciliations monthly or quarterly
- Prepare/review audit schedules as required during annual audit, working with external auditors
- Annual impairment analysis
- Establish and implement controls to ensure appropriate protection of company assets and accurate reporting of financials
- Perform control review of customer and vendor changes
- Work with the A/R, A/P, Payroll, and Treasury teams to ensure proper cash application and reporting of cash related transactions
- Manage and oversee Treasury and Inventory teams
- Oversee annual Inventory counts in stores and warehouses, responsible for accuracy and reporting of.
- Prepare and distribute inventory metrics (shrink analysis, obsolescence.)
- Support monthly forecasts presented to management
- Assist with budget preparation for designated accounts
- Present at monthly departmental financial review meetings
- Manage tax filing and calculations for financial statement purposes. Advise the business of any changes in tax matters, including provincial sales tax rates
- Lead for various audits/reviews, including vendor support post audits, sales tax audits, property tax audits
- 5 years of related accounting experience
- Inventory management and treasury
- IFRS Experience
- Experience managing and supervising junior staff
- Retail industry experience
$95,000 - $105,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28835.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.