About the Opportunity
- Leads and manages 4 teams of developers responsible for development and maintenance of fintech applications in an agile software development methodology
- Enhance Software Development processes and keep them aligned with best practices
- Guides team leads to prepare plans and estimates for software deliverables in projects
- Identifies and implements continuous improvements for the software development team including: Products, Technologies, Processes, Tools, Methods and Functional Competencies
- Removes technical barriers for the team through proper guidance
- Participates in the evaluation of technology opportunities which can result in new business models, products or technological advantage
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, mentors and monitors progress of the team
- Works with Development Team Leads/Managers to allocate resources to projects through effective capacity planning
- Assists the team with hands on Software Development and technical guidance as needed
- Coaches, mentors and develops team leads and team members through establishing appropriate goals and Individual development plans
- Works closely with Architecture & Infrastructure Teams as well as their own Team on Technology Selection, Establishing Technical Standards and Technical Approach
- 15+ years of experience in progressive hands-on software engineering positions in J2EE ecosystem (developer, architect, manager), the person must be technical enough to perform code reviews, architecture, etc.
- Experience managing teams of 15+ developers in high-volume agile environments with proven knowledge of how dev teams should be structured, how the full agile delivery cycle should run (best practices) and how to develop/test/deploy/roadmap Saas/PaaS software product properly
- Proven experience with Software Integration – implementing microservice/API architecture, ESB (enterprise service bus/messaging) like MuleSoft, MQ or similar
- Proven delivery experience in midsize SaaS/PaaS environments - externally facing B2B platforms, including Governance/Change Management
- Ability to commute to East GTA area
- Skills in MuleSoft, Real Estate / Fintech, AWS, NET/PHP, Postgres/MySQL are preferred
- Understanding of QA and Devops is preferred
$130,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28877.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.