About the Company
Our client is a large publicly-traded organization within the retail industry. They are looking for a Senior Director, Internal Audit who will be reporting directly to the Audit Committee, and will be responsible for establishing, and managing the internal audit function, and support enterprise risk management.
Why Work Here
- Join an established and highly reputed organization, that is going through a period of continuous growth
- Lots of opportunity for career development and advancement
- Flexible culture and environment, with hybrid work set up
- Competitive compensation package with potential for share-based compensation.
About the Opportunity
- Establish and lead the Internal Audit functions with the objective of enhancing and protecting organizational value by providing stakeholders with risk-based, objective recommendations and advice.
- Develop a deep understanding of the organization’s business, processes and controls and identify actions necessary to manage risks.
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of the Internal Audit and annual plans including communicating with the Audit Committee and all levels of management throughout the various phases of these programs.
- Support all processes/functions around enterprise risk management.
- Provide advice to Senior Management on areas of risk and enhancements to add value, drive continuous improvement of the organization’s operational processes.
- Oversee and conduct research of new and emerging issues and best practices in risk and auditing.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all cross-functional leaders and the External Auditor to ensure alignment in methodologies and coordination of assurance activities.
- Maintain the internal control program for the purposes of compliance of NI 52-109 in collaboration with other functional stakeholders.
- Implement use of internal control software for the purpose of managing all internal audit and compliance programs.
- CPA, CIA, CISA
- Minimum 10 + years progressive experience
- Experience in a large publicly-traded organization a requirement
- Experience reporting directly to the Audit Committee
- Retail or similar industry experience a strong asset.
- Experience implementing internal control frameworks that comply with Canadian Securities Administrators standards including with National Instrument 52-109
$160,000 - $180,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 329090.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.