About the Opportunity
- Produce reports and provide analysis on production, inventory, product and product line profitability
- Estimate manufacturing costs and compare budgets with actual expenses
- Perform quarterly physical inventory count, its reporting, analysis, and reconciliation ensuring appropriate and accurate records are maintained to meet the requirements of the external auditors
- Review rates of direct materials, labour and overhead (fixed and variable), establish standard costs and update them as appropriate
- Calculate Purchase Price Variances (PPV) for direct material, labour and overhead
- Analyze and report on manufacturing costs: standard cost vs actual production cost (Material, Labour, MOH (Variable and Fixed) by qty and efficiency variances
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the Inventory at standard cost, Inventory valuation, inventory loss, other Inventory adjustments, PPV analysis, supports the review of manufacturing direct and period costs
- Maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and records of the organization
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services
- Participates in the year-end closing; inventory revaluation to last costs, reconciliation of balance sheet inventory and analysis of inventory adjustments; yield and usage variances and other duties as required
- Provide historical data and assist stakeholders with their budget preparation and submission
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing costing or financial analysis role
- Knowledge of costing modules within large ERP systems is an asset.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge of Canadian GAAP
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment preferred
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #369517.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.