About the Opportunity
- Monitor the Accounts Payable and received-not-vouchered sub ledgers to ensure that all payables are paid in a timely manner
- Follow up with various staff members for proper and timely authorization in order to take all available early payment discounts and ensure good relations with vendors
- Review service requests received through the Accounts Payable mailbox ensuring all request are addressed in a timely manner
- Review of month-end journal templates prepared by Accounts Payable Administrators
- Provide back-up support to the Manager, Accounts Payable and the AP team which will include cash forecast and aging reports, month end closing, daily entries of invoices, cheque runs, processing refunds, supplier statement reconciliations, responding to inquiries/service requests from the business or vendors, and other responsibilities as required
- Review of weekly cheque runs ensure payments are within vendor terms and new vendor setup, inclusive of adding suppliers banking information
- Aide in reviewing reconciled vendor statements, ensuring completion and accuracy of both vendor and company information for both inventory and non-inventory vendors
- Assist with the implementation of new procedures and aid with testing and creating SOP’s as well as assisting or leading new process implementation or changes to existing process
- Adhoc reporting as required
- 5+ years of AP experience
- Process improvement experience or implementation experience
- Ability to do functions in Excel like Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP's
- Strong communication skills
- Month end close experience
- Oracle experience
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #399581.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.