About the Company
Our client is a mid-sized accounting firm that is a rapidly growing CPA firm. The Senior Accountant position will be assigned on Reviews, NTRs and other special engagements. As well, this role will have exposure to personal/corporate taxes for a wide range of clients.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to work collaboratively within a growing team
- Role has amazing flexibility (typical hours are 9AM-5PM with peak times being April and June)
- Any overtime hours may be banked as additional vacation time
About the Opportunity
- Prepare financial statements and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Lead teams on a variety of compilation and review engagements
- Prepare and review corporate/personal tax returns, corporate/personal HST returns, T4s and T5s
- Resolve CRA inquiries by drafting letters, faxes and other modes of communication
- Supervise and review junior staff working papers and files
- Keep partners, managers and other team members informed, on an ongoing basis, of progress and significant issues
- Providing advice and training to other staff members
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- 2-5 years’ experience in public accounting from a small/mid-sized firm
- Solid communication skills (both verbal & written
- Aptitude to work in a team environment as well as independently
$60,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28297.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.