About the Company
Our client is one of Canada’s fastest growing technology companies. As this entrepreneurial organization continues to grow, they are looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team who will be responsible fo general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, month-end close activities and other required analysis for accurate and timely financial reporting.
Why Work Here
- Very outgoing entrepreneurial culture
- Monthly newsletter and town halls throughout the year to keep everyone in the loop
About the Opportunity
- Perform all duties associated with accounts payable and accounts receivable function
- Perform full cycle month end close process including preparing journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly credit card reconciliations and related journal entries
- Acts as a liaison and builds relationships with all departments to resolve accounting issues
- Work closely with other team members to coordinate responsibilities and prioritize tasks to ensure that all key deadlines are met
- File monthly sales tax and EHT returns
- Provide direction and feedback to junior assistants
- Assist in the preparation for the annual audit
- Participate in the rollout of finance projects and initiatives
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements
- CPA (or CPA In Progress)
- 5+ years or related experience
- Strong accounting/reporting/ transactional background
- Good communication skills
$70,000 - $75,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28169.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.