About the Company
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the construction industry. They are looking for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for supporting the Controller and Assistant Controller with the management of overall financial operations of the Company.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Accountant will work with the accounting and finance team to provide accurate information to the Board of Directors, including analysis and preparing financial reports. The Senior Accountant will aid the accounting team in directing and managing the company's accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting practices, and procedures, preparing financial statements and reporting both internally and externally.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Support the Assistant Controller in managing the accounting operations with journal entries: preparing, keying and posting
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations, continuity schedules and support for the financial data
- Prepare financial information for monthly, quarterly and annual reports and all necessary supporting schedules
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information (attaining 5 day close deadlines)
- Prepare financial analysis and reporting as required
- Assist with the year-end audit and preparation of audit files in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Responsible for other financial reporting to various companies and agencies (Insurance, Stats Can, etc.)
- Completion of remittances for external agencies (GST, PST, WCB)
- With input from the CFO, work with the Controller and Assistant Controller on the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Implement process improvements relating to the finance team
- Other related duties assigned by the organization
- Completed an accounting designation or have almost completed, preferably CPA and/or MBA program
- 3+years of relevant work experience with exposure to financial reporting and planning/budgeting
- Analytical capabilities and modeling expertise
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent English communication skills
- Ability to interact with Senior Management and convey ideas, processes and results
- Ability to identify issues and implement recommendations
- Sense of urgency
- Strong business acumen
- Self-starter, results and deadline oriented
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26642.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.