About the Company
Our client is a growing organization in the insurance industry. They are looking for a Senior Accountant to focus on preparing monthly, quarterly, and year-end activities and financial statements. As a Senior Accountant you will have the opportunity to oversee the work of a General Accountant.
Why Work Here
- Great boss
- Successful growing company
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and review correctness of group’s financial statements
- Oversee and ensure timely closing of financial statements, General Ledger, Adapt system ,Tabs system and coordinate with all stakeholders involved in the process
- Provide monthly analysis of financial results accurately for reporting entities
- Review bank account reconciliations prepared by General Accountant
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reconciliations and adjusting entries to Balance sheet and Income statement accounts
- Prepare and process monthly accounting entries to record transactions not captured in the system and validate for correctness
- Prepare monthly overriding and contingency commissions entries
- Assist in monthly /quarterly /annual preparation of consolidated financial statements, MD&A, commentaries and other supporting documents and notes as requested
- Prepare and assist in quarterly and annual P&C1 statements and worksheets
- Provide support regarding strategic management planning and implementation including presentation and analysis of internal controls
- Prepare working papers for auditors review, discuss variances, if any and provide explanations
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role (previous work experience in the insurance industry and should be familiar with IFRS)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25236.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.