About the Company
Our client is a large publicly traded manufacturing organization. They are looking to add a Controller who will report directly to the General Manager and manage a team. As a Controller, you will be responsible for the region’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, maintenance of fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports.
- Team is very stable and know how to get things done
- Competitive compensation plan
About the Opportunity
- Provide operational and strategic management of financial and analytical requirements
- Contribute and direct operational and strategic policy
- Lead, execute, and monitor annual plan, business transformation initiatives, and operational initiatives
- Initiate policy and process development
- Provide asset and P&L management
- Lead contract negotiations and management
- Manage internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures
- Prepare, analyze and present financial information for monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a precise and timely manner
- Oversee month-end closing process, prepare internal financial statements and reporting package and coordinate the year-end audit
- Direct and coordinate the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
- Develop and lead initiatives to identify operating costs, variances and develop performance and variance analyses
- Oversee and coordinate annual physical inventory count
- Manage the accounting team, including hiring, development, support and retention
- 10+ years of related experience with at least 5+ years in a Management position preferably in manufacturing
$100,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26042.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.